- Recipe to serve 2
- Preparation time: 40 minutes
- Difficulty: Moderate
How to prepare poached eggs with potato rösti and smoked cod roe
- First, fill two bowls with water, crack the eggs into them and cook in the microwave for 50-60 seconds at 900 W. Drain and set aside.
- Next, mix the grated potato and onion in a bowl.
- Then oil a small frying pan, and once it is nice and hot, spoon half of the potato and onion mixture into a ring mould, press down to give it consistency, and repeat the process, to give you two patties. Cook over a medium-high heat until crispy, without burning.
- Once golden on one side, flip with a spatula, taking care that the patties do not break apart, and leave to cook fully on the other side as well.
- Cut off the top of the cod roe and scoop out a couple of spoonfuls. Prepare for serving by placing the potato patty on a plate, spread with a layer of smoked cod roe, with tartare sauce spread thinly on top. Lastly, place the poached eggs that you prepared to begin with.
- Serve with a little salt, pepper and a pinch of chopped chives.