- Recipe for 1 litre of broth
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
How to prepare Japanese dashi broth with bonito loin
- Soak the kombu seaweed for 20 minutes until rehydrated.
- Meanwhile, slice the bonito loin into fairly thin pieces.
- Once the seaweed soaking time is up, place it in a saucepan over a medium heat with 1 litre of water plus the water used for soaking, and just before it comes to the boil, remove the seaweed.
- Next, add the sliced bonito loin and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, and then remove from the heat and set aside until the slices of bonito gradually sink in the saucepan.
- Then drain and your dashi broth is ready for a host of Japanese recipes, such as ramen.